“But please, I want to make it right.”
[If a female mage talkes to Cullen with Jowan in their party.]
“Psst… Someone likes you…”
HOW TO TELL IF YOUR MAGE IS USING BLOOD MAGIC (SECOND EDITION)
A Guide To Tower Living, Demons, and Other Abominations
(Please Refer to the Handy Official Checklist in the Back of the Tome)
COPY BELONGING TO: AMELL
EDITS TO CHECKLIST MADE BY: AMELL
- Is he unusually sweaty, even for him?
- Is he sallow, pale, and refusing to meet you in the eye because his keeps twitching?
- Does he mumble the word ‘phylactery’ in his sleep and keep you up all night because of it?
- When was the last time he washed his hair? (I would really like to know this.)
- When was the last time he laughed? (My jokes are funny, so obviously there’s something wrong with him.)
- When was the last time he giggled until he wept during a group lesson in the library? (Note: Apprentices, especially those approaching their Harrowing, occasionally exhibit such behavior, but one can never be too careful when it comes to demonic possession!)
- Does he excuse himself to ‘go to the bathroom’ four or five times during a single meal?
- Are there strange red spots on his sleeves? (Note: Nosebleeds are not an excuse.)
- Is he wearing his robes above the ankle?
- Is he—or does he believe himself to be—in love?
- For love can be more dangerous than rage, fear, despair, or loneliness to a mage, as it encompasses all these in perfect imbalance, without measurement or pause, sometimes all of them at once—as though love itself is a demon from the Fade, whispering sweet promises and subtle hopes in one ear and dire tragedy in the other, on a tongue that forks like a winding forest road.
- Is he unusually gassy?
- Is his name Jowan?
JOWAN: That was bad aim, not lack of ability! I did set fire to the curtains—I suppose that’s pretty dangerous—BUT THAT’S NOT THE POINT!
Interesting story there Jowan, care to share with the rest of us?